Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Progress, One Hand at a Time

Here's the latest result from my knitting efforts. I finally got tired complaining about cold hands when knitting outside and started (and finished) my first glove! I simply left the thumb and index finger open so that I can more easily manipulate the needles. I can easily see a habit forming. I'm liking this glove thing. Small, yet detailed; quick, yet meaty.

I've only finished one, however, so we'll see how long it takes to finish its mate. I'm not sure about the yarn choice, but free is my favorite kind of yarn. Plus, there's plenty to make matching gloves for the whole family!

And a final picture of a checkerboard scarf I whipped up last week just to have a small travel project. The yarn is a tad scratchy, so it's only good outside a jacket, but I do like the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment