Monday, October 19, 2009

Forward Progress

These two bags are the first round of sorting out the dross from my yarn stash. Over 100 skeins of yarns out! It took me a couple days to be in the proper mindset, but once I started, it was surprisingly easy. I did, however, have to knot the bags so that I didn't change my mind and sneak some skeins back into the stash.

And here are some of my newly organized stash shelves. I've even entered all of my stash into Ravelry. Down to 126 different yarns! Now I just have to hold myself back from starting 27 new projects.

My mother and I now have a new deadline for our stash disposal. 10/20/2010, as in October 20, 2010, which gives us exactly one year. A tight deadline, perhaps, but I like the memorable date and it would still allow us time to buy new yarn for holiday projects.

No time to think about new yarn just yet though. Must get back to the stuff I've got. A knitter's work is never done.

1 comment: