Thursday, March 19, 2009

Turning Point

This blog was a long time coming. As I look back, even to only one year ago, I don't even recognize myself. Back then, I was putting on a good show, but wasn't actually walking the walk. I prided myself on being green, liberal-minded, and alternative, yet (I've eventually come to admit) only as far as I could still appear to remain in the mainstream majority. "Nothing too drastic, now."

I have since realized the hypocritical error of my ways and have thrown my mainstream aspirations away (or into the compost pile, as it were). I hope to one day emulate my glorious sister, Joy, and her freeing ability to dance to her own kazoo.

My guiding principle? TO LISTEN AND LEARN. We've learned how to talk. We've learned how to fight. But we've forgotten to listen.

So, join me as I continue to meander down this life's path and we'll learn together . . . with guidance from Gaia.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for you! I'm glad to see you're back to blogging : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my GAWD! Thank you sooooo much for reminding me that the "way" I live does matter and can be (and is) an inspiration to others. This means a lot to me... especially now that I truly am my own "boss". I love you... you inspire ME! Love, Joy

    ReplyDelete