Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Cold Frame Has Been Put On Ice

indefinitely.

I was getting ready to post a grand treatise on cold frames and how great this one was going to be, but alas, Gaia and the wind storm last night had other plans.

The project will continue as soon as we find another free door or window. The size of the finished structure depends on the size of the glass, so everything's on hold right now.

Any good uses for the broken safety glass? All I can think of is 1) use at the bottom of containers to allow better drainage for plants and 2) save for later when we're making mosaic stepping stones.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, damn. I thought about your door last week and hoped it had survived. If I see one I'll try to snag it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using the glass in a mosaic! And the finished object would have an interesting history as well...

    ReplyDelete