Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A World Premiere!

Here's what I found under the chicken coop this morning! It's pretty small, but very heavy. Now if only we could have figured out which one laid it!

We've opened up their nesting boxes now (which had previously been blocked off so they didn't mess them up unnecessarily), so hopefully they'll start laying their eggs in more accessible places.

My darling husband says this is the most expensive egg ever produced since we've spent almost $500 getting to this point. I say it's all downhill from here. I sure hope so.

2 comments:

  1. Super cool! ;-) I have one of our managers here at work that supplies me every couple of weeks with 2 dozen...he's got three different kinds of hens (don't ask me to name the breeds), but let me tell you, once you've had REAL farm raised eggs, you can NEVER go back!

    Tell your hubby it will be probably the best $500 you guys have ever spent!

    ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! What did you do with it? Did it get hard-boiled, scrambled or added to muffins or pancakes?

    ReplyDelete